A Women's Auxiliary of La Mesa, Unit 282, was formed in the Spring of 1926. The Legion has every reason to be proud of its Auxiliary which continues its heritage of supporting the American Legion and Post 282 by maintaining the programs of Service. Auxiliary members are always anxious and willing to cooperate in every Legion activity, be it parades, cemetery flag distribution, meal preparation, hosting of entertainment events, and many other activities too numerous to list.
The Sons of The American Legion (SAL), Squadron 282, was chartered by National Headquarters on December 13, 1963. The Department of California confirmed the National Charter on the December 23, 1963. The SALs provide support to La Mesa Post 282 in a wide variety of activities and are always available to provide their assistance and a helping hand in various endeavors.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars O.K. Ingram Ship Post #1774 and AMVETS Post 1775 moved their Charter to the American Legion facility on 27 Jan 2011 because of major damage to their previous home at 7298 University Ave due to a rockslide on 21 Dec 2010. Accordingly, the facility now permanently houses all veterans organizations of La Mesa and proudly honors the membership cards for members from these organizations. Additionally, the facility hosts the business meetings of the Air Force Sergeants Association Chapter 1365 of San Diego and Imperial Counties.
Post 282 and these other Veterans 501c(19) Organizations provide various services to veterans per their core missions that can be found on their individual web sites. Within our facility at 8118 University Ave can be found various social events, food offerings, service officer, and camaraderie provided by all of us by, and with, veterans from all over the world. Applications for membership are available in your La Mesa Veterans Club.
JOIN US AND KEEP THIS HISTORY ALIVE.
©Copyright by Veterans Online, LLC - All Rights Reserved