Being part of the American Legion family will help ensure the retention of already earned benefits and fighting for our future as citizens of this great Nation. Only through the strength of numbers will others listen and that is a proven fact. Your membership also allows full access to our facility, and that of other veterans' clubs. Your using the veterans' clubs can very well result in a savings to your recreation related budget when taking into account meals, beverages, and other recreation. Your not using our facility and what we have to offer could very well jeopardize the future of the La Mesa Veterans Club since daily business is needed to keep our doors open.
Your membership also provides access to vendors’ discounts that are separately provided and which will save you money.
MEMBERSHIP REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO JOIN AMERICAN LEGION LA MESA POST 282
IMPORTANT: EVERYONE MUST SUBMIT OR PRESENT A COPY OF DD FORM 214 TO A CLUB OFFICER
Eligible veterans applying for first time membership must submit the following information:
1. Click the APPLICATION button, complete, and submit the Post 282 American Legion Membership application. Before submitting, print two completed copies.
2. Keep one copy of the application for your records and either mail (P.O. Box 265, La Mesa, CA 91944-0265) or bring the other copy to the 8118 University Avenue address together with your $45.00 dues payment. If mailing, include also a copy of your DD-214. If you are hand-carrying your application or completing the application at the Post, you need not permanently provide the DD-214; it need only be shown to an officer of the Post or person accepting the application. We do not retain the DD-214s.
3. Should you submit your payment on line (using the ‘APPLICATION’ button), we will contact you within a few days. If you wish to pay via credit card, information can then be provided. However, you will still need to show the DD-214 at some time during the process (you can scan and send the DD-214 to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Once your application has been approved by the membership and you have paid the dues, a membership card will be mailed or immediately provided to you. Should you come to the facility and show proof of eligibility and payment, a temporary membership card will certainly be provided.
4. Checks are payable to La Mesa Post 282. DO NOT SEND CASH
5. Please see the eligibility dates on the "APPLICATION " tab.